Foreign Buyers Bannned for Twoo tears
Sunday Nov 06th, 2022
2 Year Ban on NonResident Buyers
Takes effect January 1st, 2023
- Does not apply to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Applies to non-Canadians directly or indirectly purchasing residential property in Canada for a period of two years.
- Applies to residential property, including detached houses or similar buildings of one to three dwelling units, as well as parts of buildings such as semi-detached houses, condominium units, or other similar premises.
- Applies to direct or indirect purchases of residential property, including purchases made through corporations, trusts or other legal entities.
- Establishes penalties for non-compliance applicable to non-Canadians, as well as any person or entity knowingly assisting a non-Canadian in violating the prohibition.
Post a comment